Financial compensation is available to those diagnosed with mesothelioma. It's worth noting that:
- Widows and families of deceased victims may be eligible.
- Smoking does not preclude compensation.
- Waiting to contact a mesothelioma attorney may jeopardize your rights.
Mesothelioma: Bankruptcy Trusts
Some companies responsible for exposing workers to asbestos have filed for "reoganization bankruptcy." Rather than a liquidation of assets and the company ceasing to exist, this form of bankruptcy allows companies to submit a plan to their creditors and the courts. Part of these plans includes the establishment of funds that they will create to provide payment to workers and others harmed by their asbestos products and business processes.
- Does it matter what lawyer I choose if they're just getting money from trusts?
- First, each case is unique, and compensation will generally come from both trust payments and settlements—the latter made either through negotiation or lawsuits. However, trust payments generally reflect only a portion of their actual value. Ensuring your receive the most money for your claim is best completed by a firm experienced with filing asbestos bankruptcy trust documentation.
- Not only does this help ensure you receive what you're owed, it also ensures you're working with an asbestos law firm that knows how to efficiently and effectively complete all the necessary paperwork: getting you your compensation faster.
- Contact us today to speak with a mesothelioma lawyer experienced in mesothelioma trust funds. Our attorneys are supported by a dedicated asbestos bankruptcy trust staff that knows all the ins and outs of getting claims filed efficient, correctly, and completely the first time.
Having knowningly poisoned hundreds of thousands of workers, companies that grew and profited off of asbestos use are being held accountable for the lives they cut short and the families they ripped apart.
- What will it cost to investigate my mesotheioma case?
- There is no charge or obligation to investigate your potential mesothelioma case.
- How much will I have to pay to pursue a mesothelioma lawsuit?
- Our cases are typically done on contingency. That means there are no out-of-pocket expenses for you and only if we are successful in getting you compensation to we get paid.
- What if I don't remember working with asbestos?
- Many of our clients had no idea the products they were working with or near contained asbestos. This is where our knowledge of asbestos in all its forms and functions can prove priceless to our mesothelioma clients and their families.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your potential mesothelioma lawsuit, don't hesitate to contact us today. Statutes of limitations or statutes of repost can limit the time you have to file suit. These generally start ticking from the time of your diagnosis, but vary by state.